- Software and web development
- £150 per week
- Closing date:
- 21 May 2017
This is a fantastic opportunity to join an exciting and vibrant environment. Here, you get to earn and learn. Apply now!
You will be working for…
One of the leaders in online brokering technology to the financial services sector. The company is only a few years old with a dynamic team, start up culture and no glass ceiling. It has a suite of its own websites including a new comparison site. Private equity investment has now been injected into the business to take the company to the next level and beyond.
Be part of QA’s 10k in Tech and add yourself to the UK’s tech explosion!
In this role, you will be…
- Dealing with Software development
- Software testing
- Coding software using HTML5 & CSS3
- Doing any other duties assigned on an ad hoc basis
Starts with a 12-14 month IT apprenticeship, which consists of training in small groups and work based assessment, covering: Object-oriented programming (OOP), SQL data modelling, Web and systems development, Event-driven programming.
You will gain City & Guilds Level 3 qualifications in IT Systems & Principles and IT Professional Competence, as well as a Microsoft Technology Associate (MTA) in software development fundamentals. This fantastic opportunity can potentially lead to you earning £40k in the IT sector.
Who should apply...
The ideal candidate will be…
- A quick learner
- Someone with a positive attitude and good technical knowledge
- A hard worker
- Someone with a ‘can do’ attitude, a logical and inquisitive mind and the ability to thoroughly research
- Someone who can think through and implement solutions to problems
- Someone with knowledge of Open Source technologies - All levels of experience will be considered
- Someone with ideally 7 GCSEs (C and above) including Maths and English
Someone who may have worked on or studied:
- Python or other OO language
- Linux OS/admin experience
- SQL and NoSQL experience
- Knowledge of server architectures and deployments
Other Important Information…
What happens when I complete my apprenticeship…
You will have the opportunity to progress onto full time employment with the company.
It only takes a minute to apply for an IT apprenticeship with QA and begin your IT apprenticeship career with great prospects today.
QA’s apprenticeship programmes are part-funded by ESF. The ESF is Europe’s main instrument for supporting jobs, helping people get better jobs and ensuring fairer job opportunities for all EU citizens.
Note: This advert may close early if a suitable candidate is found before the advertised close date is reached.