Exam hints and tips
The most life-changing weeks of your life so far are just around the corner! Here are QA Apprenticeships’ tips to help you get ready for your exams...
- Quiet places to study are important. Make sure you're in a room where you're not interrupted.
- Ask your teachers if there's still something you don't understand. Don't just leave it to chance.
- Work hard and play hard! Making time to relax keeps a healthy balance and reduces stress.
- Investigate what you could do after your exams. Have a look at our range of apprenticeships to explore more options.
- Study leave is a great way to get on top of your revision - just don't leave it until the last minute!
- Hard work will pay off!
- You could revise by teaching others. A good way to check whether you understand something, is by seeing if you can explain it to someone else.
- Open those revision guides - they are designed to break revision down into manageable chunks.
- Understand the links between your work. Mind-mapping organises revision in the mind.
- Learn by experience. Try some old exam papers to test your knowledge.
- Understand what the examiner is looking for, and expand on your answers if you want to get top marks.
- Creating revision prompt cards is a great idea. Try to boil a topic down to one word, which triggers all the knowledge you have.
- Knowledge is power! The more you know the more successful you will be in your exams, and beyond.
We offer programmes in:
and a number of other professional areas: