Who are QA?
QA Apprenticeships is the industry leader in the professional education sector, providing award-winning technical and IT apprenticeships.
Here are some key facts we are particularly proud of:
- The first IT apprenticeship business rated ‘Outstanding’ by Ofsted
- We have won Apprenticeship Programme of the Year three years in a row
- Our qualifications are accredited by City & Guilds, APM, Microsoft and Roehampton University
What is an IT apprenticeship?
The IT and Tech sector is a fast paced, booming industry that has become an integral part of our day-to-day lives.
An IT apprenticeship is a hands-on training scheme, which provides apprentices with the experience they need, industry-recognised qualifications and a wage from day one.
There are a number of different specialities that are on offer from digital marketing to software and web development, you can see our full selection of programmes here.
How can we help your school or college?
Do the students at your school or college understand how apprenticeships work? Here are just a few ways we can work with you and your school:
- Teachers tool kit - Provide you with useful downloadable information for you and your students
- Support you and your students throughout the entire process
- Regularly update you on QA Apprenticeships and key vacancies
- Give you the resources you need for your students
- Visit your school to deliver presentations on IT apprenticeships
If you have any other questions or need help with something else, then you can email our dedicated contact within QA Apprenticeships:
Kavneet Sandhu – Kavneet.Sandhu@qa.com
PlanQA is QA Apprenticeships newest initiative – In recent history apprenticeships have become a back-up plan for most, the plan B. However with changes in legislation and the level of qualifications on offer, we believe that apprenticeships should become your plan A, or PlanQA.
In conjunction with our planQA initiative we’ve launched a national schools outreach programme. Our Schools Liaison Ambassadors are going out to schools and colleges to help students make more informed decisions about their future.
We also want to communicate what apprenticeships are, so parents, teachers, careers advisors and students interested in applying are provided with all the information they need.
There are a number of ways to get involved in PlanQA:
- Request a schools liaison ambassador by emailing Kavneet.Sandhu@qa.com
- Keep up to date with monthly information sheets designed to make applying for an IT apprenticeship more simple
- Pledge to support our #10KinTech challenge as we try to place 10,000 young people into the IT and Tech sector.
- Enter our PlanQA competition for a chance to win a MacBook Pro
Research undertaken by QA Apprenticeships found that 80% of students know little, or nothing about IT and professional apprenticeships, yet 74% of students ‘would consider’ an IT apprenticeships as a genuine alternative to university.