Click here to apply now and become the leaders of the future!
Project managers are responsible for planning, implementing and finishing projects within their organisation, and can truly influence how a business operates, taking control of high-level projects from start to finish.
Our Project Management apprenticeship is designed to quickly develop apprentices into confident and capable project leaders, with the knowledge and experience to plan, execute and analyse success. And our programme is accredited by the Association of Project Managers — preparing apprentices for project management roles in the workplace.
- The principles behind successful project management
- Effective communication
- Stakeholder management
- How to work with people and resources to complete projects on time and on budget
- Risk management
- Project quality management
- Leadership skills
- In England Minimum age 18 - A level or Level 3 qualification in a similar subject or an existing project management award e.g. PRINCE2®
- In Scotland 5 Standard grades (Level 1 - 3) OR 5 National Qualifications (Grades A to C) – both qualifications must include Maths and English and 2 Highers (Grades A to C)
- Junior projects managers
- Project management support
- Assistant project manager
- Any role requiring project management skills
Our Higher apprenticeship programme lasts approximately 18-24 months, during which you’ll gain a Level 4 qualification.
- EAL Level 4 Diploma in Project Management
(equivalent to first year of degree study)
- SCQF8 Diploma in Project Management
(equivalent to second year of degree study)
In England, our project management programme is only available for employers taking on 10 or more project management learners.
As with all apprenticeships, success rates are significantly higher if the right working environment is provided. Organisations that require a larger intake of PM learners into a dedicated project management function are more likely to be able to provide the relevant experience and workplace activity needed to support the learning outcomes for the programme. This results in a better experience in the workplace for our apprentices, leading to greater apprentice motivation, commitment and ultimately successful completion.
Are there any other options for SMB clients and individual apprentices?
Yes – our Business Level 4 programme can be tailored to include project management units and courses. For dual roles with a project management element, this will be a better fit for your apprentice and ensure they successfully complete their apprenticeship whilst developing the project management skills you require.
Why choose the Project Management Higher programme?
- Apprentices spend just 8% of the programme in training, the remaining 92% is spent in the workplace with structured support from our team
- Training is flexible and can be arranged to fit around your schedule
- Your apprentice will gain a strong grounding to build effective project management skills
- Training units can be tailored to suit your needs
- Grow your own talent with the specific skills your business needs
- Reduce costs spent on contractors, or retraining new staff
For more information contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
How will an apprenticeship benefit me?
This is a great question and one you should be asking.
An apprenticeship programme is all about you, the apprentice, and comes with a number of benefits, including:
- Industry recognised qualifications
- A job and a wage
- Experience – you’ll gain practical and relevant experience
- The chance to make contacts in your chosen field
Why QA and not another company?
The most important thing for you is to choose the best company and the one you feel most comfortable with.
Sure, we’ve won a number of awards, like ‘Apprenticeship provider of the year’ three years in a row and we’ve be graded as Ofsted ‘Outstanding’. But, even more importantly, here at QA our apprentices’ come first.
We have a dedicated safeguarding team who will look out for you no matter what, and we‘ll help you every step of the way. From advice when you’re applying, all the way to having members of our team visit you at work – we make sure you’re being treated the way you should be.