Click here to apply now! and master the world’s most popular technologies with QA’s unique apprenticeship in Microsoft – IT Systems & Networking Advanced to Higher
Our IT Systems and Networking Advanced to Higher programme turns problem-solvers into skilled PC builders, data defenders and cloud controllers. It’s designed to develop school and college leavers’ real-world skills using the world’s most popular technologies.
Apply now to start an apprenticeship today, or contact us today on 0345 074 7825
- How to install, configure and upgrade software
- Networking principles
- Testing, maintaining and working with ICT hardware, equipment and systems
- Providing customer support in an IT environment
- ICT systems and data security
- Technical fault diagnosis
- Enthusiasm for a career in IT!
- In England Ideally 5 GCSEs (C and above) or equivalent – including Maths and English
- In Scotland 5 Standard Grades (Level 1 - 3) OR 5 National Level 5 Grades - both including Maths and English
- First line/helpdesk support
- Junior network support
- ICT technician
- Systems administrator
What can I do after this?
Your apprenticeship can take you all the way to the top and will open up a lot of doors for you.
Once you’ve finished your initial training, you’ll have the option to begin the next level or continue your career with the qualifications you have.
After our Higher apprenticeship you’ll be perfectly prepared to begin our degree apprenticeship – with our degree track you can get a degree without the debt, as training comes at no cost to you. It will also set you up to take on more senior roles and responsibilities.
Whether you choose further study or to continue in your job role, it’s really up to you what your next steps are.
Total duration: 31-39 months
Part 1 – Level 3 apprenticeship: 13-15 months
Part 2 – Level 4 apprenticeship: 18-24 months
Our Advanced to Higher apprenticeship programme lasts approximately 3 years, during which you’ll gain Level 3 and 4 qualifications – but if it’s not right for you, you can step off the programme after 13-15 months and still get a Level 3 qualification.
Once you’ve completed your Level 3 and 4 you’ll have studied qualifications equivalent to first year of degree study. Then you’ll have the option to start our degree programme, which will give you a Foundation degree and a BSc from the University of Roehampton after 2 years. Again, if it’s not right for you, you’ll have the option to step off the programme after a year and still gain a Foundation Degree.
So, you can decide how far you go and how long you’ll be training for.
- Advanced Apprenticeship Infrastructure Technician Level 3 (equivalent to A-level educational level)
- MTA Networking Fundamentals
- MTA Mobility and Devices Fundamentals
- MTA Cloud Fundamentals
- Choice of two Microsoft MOC on Demand courses (one in part 1 and one in part 2)
- Higher Apprenticeship Network Engineer Level 4 (equivalent to first year of degree study)
- Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) – Administering and Configuring Windows Server 2012 R2
- SQA SCQF 6 Diploma in ICT and Telecommunication Professional
(equivalent to working at Advanced Higher\HNC level)
- SQA SCQF 8 Diploma in ICT and Telecommunication Professional
(equivalent to second year of degree study)
- Vendor qualifications including Microsoft and Cisco
Why choose the IT Systems and Networking Advanced to Higher programme?
- Apprentices spend just 13% of the programme in training, the remaining 87% is spent in the workplace with structured support from our team
- The programme has been developed based on the needs of the IT industry
- Your apprentice will gain a strong technical grounding to build a successful career in your IT team
- Grow your own talent with the specific IT skills your business needs
- Reduce costs spent on contractors, or retraining new staff
For more information contact us at email@example.com
How will an apprenticeship benefit me?
This is a great question and one you should be asking.
An apprenticeship programme is all about you, the apprentice, and comes with a number of benefits, including:
- Industry recognised qualifications
- A job and a wage
- Experience – you’ll gain practical and relevant experience
- The chance to make contacts in your chosen field
Why QA and not another company?
The most important thing for you is to choose the best company and the one you feel most comfortable with.
Sure, we’ve won a number of awards, like ‘Apprenticeship provider of the year’ three years in a row and we’ve be graded as Ofsted ‘Outstanding’. But, even more importantly, here at QA our apprentices’ come first.
We have a dedicated safeguarding team who will look out for you no matter what, and we‘ll help you every step of the way. From advice when you’re applying, all the way to having members of our team visit you at work – we make sure you’re being treated the way you should be.