We want to make your experience with QA Apprenticeships is as simple as possible, and we offer full support throughout the entire programme for our apprentices and employers.
We've gathered together a few useful resources to help you understand and guide you when employing an apprentice.
Download: Guidance for employers
Our downloadable guidance document sets out some useful hints, tips and suggestions for managing your apprentice throughout their development programme.
Apprenticeship AGE grant - £1500
If your business is based in England and has 50 or fewer employees, or your apprentice is aged between 16-24 and the first your company has hired for over 12 months, you could be eligible for a government grant.
Read the full agreement drawn up between QA and every employer that takes on an apprentice - current to August 2016.
Other useful links
- National Apprenticeships Service (NAS) - information for employers
- Government guidance on apprenticeships
- Skills Funding Agency's Employers guide to apprenticeships and traineeships
Other useful downloads
- The Richard Review of apprenticeships
- Chartered Institute for Personnel and Development (CIPD) - top tips for recruiting young people
- CIPD research - Employers are from Mars, young people are from Venus
- City & Guilds brief guide to apprenticeships
- City & Guilds research - the economic value of apprenticeships
- Chartered Management Institute (CMI) apprenticeships research - policy briefing
- E-skills - technology for growth (2010)
- CIPD research - Apprenticeships that work - a guide for employers