Now is one of the best times to hire high-calibre talented apprentices
A lot of university students come home for Christmas and realise uni’s just not for them. They’re intelligent and ambitious so are looking for a career-changing alternative such as an apprenticeship.
Why should you hire a 19-24 year old apprentice this winter?
- At this time of year, you get university-calibre candidates looking for a new career path
- 19-24 year old candidates are typically more mature and can settle into the workplace more quickly
- They’ve usually had a job before and therefore need less supervision and management
- They have the experience to know what it is they want to do. They’ve tried something that didn’t work and now want to get on the right track. It’s not ‘just a job’
Which one of our programmes would be suitable for your apprentice?
Our IT Trailblazer programmes are most beneficial if you’re hiring 19-24 year old candidates due to the role-specific training and employer cashback incentives.
- IT Systems and Networking Advanced to Higher
- IT Systems and Networking Degree
- Software and Web Development Advanced to Higher
- Software and Web Development Degree
- Cyber Security Higher
With Government funding available for apprenticeships, here's an example of the cost efficiencies you could gain by hiring an apprentice at this time of year:
Note: example based on QA IT Systems and Networking apprenticeship at large employer over 50 employees. Additional incentives are available for smaller employers. Contact us for more information.
Did you know?
Apprenticeships aren’t just for new hires – you can upskill your existing staff too! You can enrol existing members of your team onto an apprenticeship programme whilst they still carry out the same job role in your business. All they need to do is meet the entry criteria.