Front-loaded technical training
We front load the training of our apprentices to boost their productivity faster.
Our trainers are experts in their fields and are part of a QA tutor team responsible for delivering over 500,000 training days a year.
Where does the training take place? - view our locations.
Regular contact from dedicated staff
Once your apprentice has started work, you'll be given a dedicated QA support team responsible for looking after your progress.
They will help you:
- Draw up your training plan
- Send you advance notice of QA training weeks
- Assess your apprentice's portfolio of work-based training
- Visit every 6-8 weeks to discuss their work and update their schedule with you
- Ensure your apprentice achieves the targets you set
Detailed training schedules
We will draw up a training schedule for your apprentice’s learning so you can anticipate:
- When your apprentice will be away on training
- What skills they will be learning
- Projects you can allocate
- When they will achieve their qualification
- Balancing their course workload with their role
Your apprentice will be offsite for QA training – how much depends on which programme you choose.
Your apprentice will need to work on their portfolio for 4-5 hours per week; how you choose to add this to their workload – either at work or in their own time – is up to you and will be aided by your support team.
Moving forward - ongoing consultancy
When your programme nears its end, QA Apprenticeships will give you further advice and guidance on how to create a personal development plan for your apprentice's ongoing role:
- Wider projects, roles and teams
- Suitable salaries
- Other support and QA qualifications available
There are no post-apprenticeship costs, and your apprentice may be able to claim a discount on further QA training once they complete.