When starting a new apprenticeship there's a lot to consider: Housing, travel and even money management.
However, don't worry! QA Apprenticeships is here to help you in any way we can.
We've gathered together some handy hints and links to make sure that you're prepared for your first day. You've got a future to shout about now, so let us make it easier for you!
Travel, housing and money tips for apprentices.
- Do you travel to work by train? Why not consider a 16 – 25 Railcard - there are great savings to be made. Click here for more Railcard information.
- All over the country student passes are available to help with local transport for those aged 16+ in training. Apply for one of these and if you are eligible, QA will ratify your application. With up to a 1/3 off, you could save on your daily journey. To find out more, please email email@example.com
- London apprentices: Get 30% off the price of travelcard and bus & tram pass season tickets with an Apprentice Oyster Photocard if you’re aged 18 or above and live in London. Click here for more information
- Click here for more regional travel information
Whether you are finding a place to live, looking to private rent, or need to find out if you’re entitled to housing benefit, the following websites can help:
- Shelter provides free and confidential advice to people with all kinds of housing problems, through online housing information and face to face local services. Click here for more information.
- Find out about your housing entitlement at GOV.UK, click here for more information
There are a number of things to consider when making those crucial financial choices. To help with these decisions the following websites are a good place to start:
For further support, please contact a member of our Learner Services team by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org