Apprenticeships are increasingly recognised as the gold standard for work-based training. Atos apprenticeships offer an opportunity ideal for AS/A Level leavers looking to build a career in the IT industry, as an alternative to taking the more traditional university route.
They offer a range of apprenticeship programmes including software development, application support and business administration. The successful candidates will work within a team, during and after training. All recruits will be able to enjoy Atos benefits.
About the Atos Apprenticeship scheme
- Entry requirements: Minimum AS levels, preferably 2 or more A levels, and an interest in IT
- Duration: 1 - 2 years
- Salary: Competitive
- Locations: Numerous sites across the UK
Atos are running numerous apprenticeships:
- The Atos Advanced IT Hardware, IT Software and Software Testing, Customer Services, and Business and Administration schemes are 1 year in length leading to various relevant qualifications in their respective areas
- The Atos ICT Higher Level Apprenticeship Scheme takes 2 years to complete leading to an HNC
- The Atos Project Management Higher Level Apprenticeship takes 2 years and leads to a Level 4 Diploma in Project Management
All of the apprenticeship schemes include other Functional and Business Skills.
Further education options will then be considered after successful completion of the various programmes.
Where will they take place?
Atos recruits apprentices at numerous sites across the UK including:
- Scotland: Edinburgh, Glasgow
- North West: Crewe, Runcorn
- North East: Darlington
- Midlands: Birmingham, Nottingham, Wolverhampton
- South: London, Reading
Who is this opportunity for?
For the Atos Apprenticeship schemes the entry requirements are minimum AS levels, but preferably 2 or more A levels, and an interest in IT. You also need to be living in the UK and not taking part in full-time education.
Competition for places is fierce, so you will need to show that you are committed, and aware of your responsibilities to both yourself and Atos. You also need to be happy to work as both part of a team and individually, and be able to use your own initiative.
Who is Atos?
Atos is an international information technology services company with annual 2012 proforma revenue of EUR 8.8 billion and 76,400 employees in 47 countries. Serving a global client base, it delivers hi-tech transactional services, consulting and technology services, systems integration and managed services.
Atos has been nationally acclaimed for its Apprenticeship Programme, winning numerous awards such as Scotland’s Skills Development Scotland’s Modern Apprenticeship Best Business Newcomer in 2012, North East Regional Winner of England Investors in People Apprenticeship Newcomer Employer of the Year 2013.
Most recently Atos was included in City & Guilds Top 100 Apprenticeship Employers 2013. These awards are testament to the high standard and tremendous commitment to apprenticeships demonstrated by Atos.