When asked: “what is diversity?”
Our apprentices said:
“Having a multicultural, multinational work force that communicates cohesively to benefit society.”
QA Apprenticeships Equal Opportunities statement
QA is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in recruitment, employment and development.
The Apprenticeships division performs an important role in developing the UK labour market and it is our responsibility, as part of that role, to ensure that talent is recognised, developed and matched with business need, whatever the background of the individual, irrespective of sex, race, disability, age, religion or belief, sexual orientation, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity and gender reassignment.
QA's equality and diversity culture
QA monitors and improves its provision to ensure it is serving a diverse section of society with equal opportunities for all at its heart. It does this in the following ways:
- Regular cross-company Equality & Diversity forums
- Regular feedback days with groups of apprentices and employers, with time set apart for discussion on equality and diversity
- A dedicated Youth Liaison and Safeguarding team responsible for the well-being of all current QA Apprentices
- Proactive engagement with underrepresented groups through marketing and media communications
- Safeguarding training for every QA Apprenticeships staff member